ECB charcoal to propane conversion

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I did something similar with my ECB. I put the legs on the outside, then I Cut the legs short on my turkey fryer to fit just up inside the smoker and out of the wind. The stock thermometer was gone when I got it so I cut A piece out of the side of A large coffee can and patched the hole from the inside, screwing self tappers from the outside to hold it in place. I then drilled vent holes in the crown of the lid as the temp would just keep on climbing without them. I have tried the stock fire pan which is drilled just like yours and the chips I have burn up too fast. So yesterday I smoked some chickens using A juice can and chunks of apple with the opening foiled and poked with hot water in the water pan. I could not get the temp any lower than 250 so I tried messing with the door and ended up adding some cold water to the water pan A few times. Worked pretty good but I am kind of trying to get it to be A no brainer situation so I will keep messing with this unit until I get it working right. I think I need A small grate just above but not on the burner to set the smoking can on, as my chunks burned up pretty quick. I am using 2-3 inch apple chunks. Any suggestions for A better fire box set up? Sorry I don't have A digital camera yet so no pics. I really don't want to use the original fire pan as the clearance to the water pan is nill. I tried it this way and must have had A vacuum in the pan because it produced no smoke. I guess I could cut another inch off of the legs on the burner but then it would be exposed to the wind blowing it out. I love that I can pick the whole unit up off the burner to adjust, check, mop, add wood or whatever.

Very nice!

Exactly what I wanted to do thanks for sharing.

I cant wait to get some of these chores done so that I can give it a go.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky