ECA temp release

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

buzzy

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 11, 2007
Cumberland Co. PA
Using ECA in a batch of SS. Been reading conflicting info saying 135-150 for ECA to release.My packet says need to reach 150 for ECA to release but I've been using the pasteurization chart on my last few bologna smokes. Taking to 142 for 45 minutes. To me makes a real game changer. Will I be fine at this temp or do I really need to hit 150? I figure they add a few degrees for safety reasons. Just my 2nd time using ECA.
Thanks in advance!

zwiller thanks for the link. That's what I was looking for. Good guidance if it's from daveomak. I'm stumped & can't find anything on it but what is LJ? Hoping it's not something that should be obvious to me.

Last edited:
hello I’m a first timer making summer sausage! I have a recipe and will be stuffing into casings. I have a pellet smoker and I’m not sure how to get the tangy taste and how long to smoke it for at what degree.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky