Easy Skillet Breads

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jlloyd99

Meat Mopper
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 13, 2006
Chillicothe MO
I was going through a bunch of my Moms old recipes today and I found a bunch of Skillet Bread recipes that I remember as being absolutly wonderful. I thought that ya'll might enjoy them as well. For all of the variations use a canned biscuit like Pillsbury Grands Biscuits. Preheat oven to 350*. In an 8" saute pan melt the butter over medium heat and saute ingredients until soft then quarter biscuits and toss to coat. Arrange buiscuits in a single layer in the pan and bake in oven for 18-20 minutes. FYI-Make sure your using an oven safe skillet like cast iron.

After baking turn out onto a platter, pull apart and enjoy!

Garlic
1 stick butter
Italian Seasoning mix
1 clove garlic, pressed/minced
1 package biscuits

Caramel Pecan
1 stick butter
1 jar caramel ice cream topping
1 cup pecans, chopped
1 package biscuits

Apple Cinnamon
1 stick butter
Cinnamon to taste
1/4 cup sugar
1 apple, sliced and chopped
1 package biscuits

Monkey Bread
1 stick butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
Cinnamon to taste
1 apple, sliced chopped
1 package biscuits

Lady J, can't waite to try your skillet breads! If you have never smoked bread yopu should try it. Biscuits or rolls are great. You just have to crank up the heat a little. Bake some in the smoker while pulling the pork or resting the brisket.

Scott

A big thumbs up on the monkey bread. Tried it this past weekend. It was quick, easy and all gone in a hurry!

Jene, When I teach my Dutch Oven classes, I always do a D.O. full of monkey bread. Instead of using canned bisket rolls, I use frozen roll dough that's been thawed out. The class can smell something cooking and they have no idea what it is until I turn the DO out onto a serving platter.

Lady J,

You the GIRL :D .

Tried your monkey bread last night with Splenda Brown Sugar (Wife is Diabetic).

My wife and I ate the whole plate. :oops:

So glad everyone has enjoyed the recipes. I do them at my Pampered Chef shows and they always go over great.

Lady J

Just came across your recipes...and the pic of the one cajun make...they sure aound good...I have a strong feeling they are going into the favorite folder with cajuns corn bread..

Later
Richard

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky