Easter ham question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

holysmoker

Original poster
Dec 26, 2006
Satanta, KS
I would like to smoke a large "ready to cook" ham for Easter. However, because of church commitments, I won't be able to fire up the Weber Bullet until at least 1:00 pm. Could I smoke it on Saturday and store it until Sunday afternoon? Does anybody have any experience cooking something one day and storing it until the next?
Thanks

my experience with ready to cook hams and smoking is that the taste seems to get better the next day....you may want to give it a good smoke (and hey don't forget a good rub as well) the day before and then reheat the next day.

Sure next day it's always better! You could do a late smoke on Saturday and wrap it tight in oil and wrap it in blankets. Come Sunday just reheat a bit.

Holysmoker, glad you started this thread, as we are also smoking a ham for Easter. If the weather stays dry it may have to be an all nighter Saturday night in my case. Good luck with your smoke, and have a nice Easter.

on christmas eve, i smoked a turkey. i put it in the fridge after it was done (2a.m.). i pulled it out 2 days later and took to my bro's house. we reheated it in the oven and he carved it. it was very good. everyone raved about it, and my ABT's i brought too.

Doing our ham on Saturday and have no doubt that it will be good on Easter.

I prefer the second day over fresh off the smoker when you have a choice.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky