Dyno Glo Question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Biggy1

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Apr 5, 2019
Houston Texas
I have a Dyno Glo Vertical Wide Body Smoker and would like to know if anyone has built a baffle plate to control the temperature coming from the firebox ?

Below is a photo of the bottom of my Smoke Hollow 44 and the baffle plate and water pan between the fire box and the cooking chamber.

This model is a propane smoker so the burners are below and not off to the side like yours is but it looks like you'd have room to do something very similar if you chose to.

I'd probably go with 1/4 steel if I was building it.

Adding a baffle plate is going to change how your smoker operates so please be aware of that.

20210623_112232.jpg

Reactions: Biggy1
I had the earlier normal width version and I had to place a water pan on the cook grate right over the firebox opening.
My fault really, I had a habit of putting too much fuel in the burn chamber and trying to slow down the fire with the vent settings, which does not work well.
I did find out that hot and fast works on briskets and ribs though!

Reactions: Biggy1
I had the earlier normal width version and I had to place a water pan on the cook grate right over the firebox opening.
My fault really, I had a habit of putting too much fuel in the burn chamber and trying to slow down the fire with the vent settings, which does not work well.
I did find out that hot and fast works on briskets and ribs though!
Appreciate it!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky