Dyna-Glo Wide Vertical Smoker Propane Mod.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jeffunik72

Original poster
May 1, 2017
Hey guys, so i've bought one of these smokers and I love it. The only bad thing about it was the stock thermometer that comes with, its not worth a scrap. I purchased a Iweber Grill2 Bluetooth and I loveeee that thing.

Anyways back to my topic. I've only smoked with it twice and I did read about this prior to purchasing the smoker but it is true that you have to babysit the smoker more than others...

Which my buddy has a small vertical propane smoker and I looked on youtube and saw some people modding their horizontal smokers to include propane. I would really want to make this mod to my smoker so that if I choose to use propane I could just to help regulate the temperature either that or just use propane and wood. But still want the option to use charcoal if I so desire.

Has anyone done this to their dyna-glo or any other smoker and could guide me through the steps of what I need to do or not to do. I would greatly appreciate the help.

I've also ran across some threads and videos of people using ceramic tiles, I am seriously considering this, does anyone have an opinion on that?

Thanks ahead of time for any response, any help is appreciated.

Jeff

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky