Duck & Chicken Egg Frittata with homemade cheddar, bacon and a bunch of veggies

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

LoydB

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
May 31, 2022
This was our breakfast for dinner last night, and one of the most delicious ways to use up random ingredients in the fridge.

First, I shredded a bunch of my farmhouse cheddar (it's now four months old, and is doing nothing but getting better over time). Then I crisped up a bunch of bacon lardons, then used the leftover grease to cook broccoli, shallot, sweet pepper, garlic, corn and a bunch of spinach from the garden, along with S&P, dill and thyme. Mixed 3 duck eggs and 6 chicken eggs with a half cup of buttermilk, then mixed in half the shredded cheese to the egg mixture. Once everything was ready in the pan, pour the egg mix on top, then sprinkle with the remaining cheese and pop into a 425 degree F oven for around 15 minutes. Let cool for 5-10 mins to set up.

This was the bottom of the dish when flipped onto a plate. The slice shows the cheddar side up.

1677167248122.png

1677167289279.png

Nice so the cheese goes on the bottom of the pan? I have never seen duck eggs for sale here.

That looks pretty good, I make a frittata about once a month, usually artichoke, learned from my mama. RAY

Oh my God, that looks truly incredible!! Kinda like a quiche but a whole lot better. Simply astonishing that a "breakfast" item can look so good.

Robert

Nice so the cheese goes on the bottom of the pan? I have never seen duck eggs for sale here.
I think some of the cheese was mixed in and then the rest was on top, but ended up on the bottom when it was flipped out of the pan. Then the sliced piece was turned back over so that the cheese was once again back on top...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky