Duck Camp Dinners...(new series on youtube)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I just finished watching all 4 episodes that have been released so far. Wow does that bring back some great memories! This show is filmed in the same area that my extended family has had a duck lease for the last 60 years. They even put the boats in at the same launch. I have an idea where their camp is located by the scenery. Man...I miss it....a lot. But times have changed, the marsh has changed and the migration has changed. I hope you guys enjoy the series as much as I have. So many great times out at the camp.

The day to day on the show mirrors exactly how it went at our family camp. We'd use duck guts to catch catfish, then use the catfish carcasses to bait the crab traps....stay out there for weeks at a time. I learned a lot about cooking from my great uncle out at the duck camp. One of my fondest memories is climbing the cistern structure and folding out a lawn chair on the roof with a highball in hand and just watch the ducks out across the marsh... miles and miles of birds in the sky. I hope it comes back to it's full glory in time- it's a Louisiana Legacy.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky