Dry brine Q

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BB-que

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 8, 2016
Putting a beef rub that contains salt on a brisket a day or so before smoking would provide same effect as doing a salt only dry brine no? All my rubs have salt so I can’t really dry brine and then rub before the smoke. I’d guess just putting the rub on 12/24 hours before would provide the same effect, wanted to get peoples thoughts who have dry brined brisket.

Reactions: TNJAKE
Putting a beef rub that contains salt on a brisket a day or so before smoking would provide same effect as doing a salt only dry brine no? All my rubs have salt so I can’t really dry brine and then rub before the smoke. I’d guess just putting the rub on 12/24 hours before would provide the same effect, wanted to get peoples thoughts who have dry brined brisket.
Yeah salt is salt whether it's applied in a rub or alone. You'll have the same effect

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
Yeah salt is salt whether it's applied in a rub or alone. You'll have the same effect
Thanks Jake - bit of a silly question but figured what the hell

Reactions: TNJAKE
Not a silly question. You can't know what you don't know. Make sure to post up the cook
For sure - first cook on an LSG cabinet I got a while ago and haven’t had the time to break her in. Look for pics Sunday

Reactions: DougE and TNJAKE
Salt is salt, but, concentration of salt as in percentage will make a difference in a big way.

Salt is salt, but, concentration of salt as in percentage will make a difference in a big way.
Right
yeah that’s kind of my issues with just putting a rub on a day early. It’s MC holy cow and I know it’s salt pepper heavy but not sure gonna have same effect.

I've been eyeing those cabinets myself and interested in your thoughts!

Keith
I’ll let you know - the thing is insulated to the max I can tell you that by the efficiency with the seasoning few weeks back - wow

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky