Dry Aged Mesquite Smoked Picanha Roast (W / Lotsa Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Awesome looking meal, but I have to sayI could eat that whole key lime pie!

Thanks Al!! I must warn you though sir. If you try taking that whole pie you might find a fork embedded into the back of your hand :emoji_laughing:

Nicely done. The meat looks perfect. Picanha is a great cut that is not Premium cut expensive. Great Roast or Steaks for us fixed income folks

Appreciate it Jimmy and you're correct. A really good cut of meat at a very reasonable price point.

Carousel worthy for sure.

How did you make the filling for the pie? Juice, condensed milk, and egg yolks?

Very much appreciate the kind words Derek. The filling is SO easy to do:

2 cans sweetened condensed milk (14oz. Can)
1/2c. Sour Cream
3/4c. Key Lime juice (Nellie & Joe’s)
1T. Grated lime zest

Mix everything together (I use an electric hand mixer), put into a 9" graham cracker crust and bake at 375 for 7 to 8 minutes just to set the filling. Do not brown it though. remove, let cool (which only takes a couple minutes) then into the fridge. From there it's done unless you want to add whipped cream. I use heavy cream and beat the heck out of it to make the real stuff. So much better than Cool Whip!!

Robert

Reactions: Central PA Cowboy
I have to agree Robert, looks perfect!

Thanks Dave!! Once again it proves how having a good instant read thermometer can take the guess work out of cooking the meat.

Oh man. That hunk o' meat looks great. Like your choice of wood, although you probably didn't need any.

Very much appreciate it. I was just looking to get a hint of the mesquite, not totally smoke it like a brisket. Made for a really nice flavor combination.

Robert

Nice meal there Robert! Never had beef picanha that I know of...looks great!

Thank you Keith. Picanha is the main meat served in the top shelf Brazilian steak houses. Obviously it's from the sirloin and is just an excellent cut.

Perfect meal and a great presentation. Huge like my friend!

Very much appreciate it Steve!! I wasn't planning anything really special. Nice yes but nothing over the top. This just all came together really well.

Robert, you never to cease to amaze me with your meals. Everything looks delicious.

Thank you so much Rob but it was a pretty simple meal. Meat, taters, gravy, and veggies, that's it. I was really happy with it though.

Robert

Very much appreciate the kind words Derek. The filling is SO easy to do:

1/2c. Sour Cream
1T. Grated lime zest

Mix everything together (I use an electric hand mixer), put into a 9" graham cracker crust and bake at 375 for 7 to 8 minutes just to set the filling. Do not brown it though. remove, let cool (which only takes a couple minutes) then into the fridge. From there it's done unless you want to add whipped cream. I use heavy cream and beat the heck out of it to make the real stuff. So much better than Cool Whip!!

Robert

Heck ya, Robert! Sounds easy and looks delicious. Can’t beat that. Thanks!

Man Robert ! What a fantastic meal! And all the contribution from The Forum that made that happen how awesome is that!

My gosh Robert. You been taking lessons from Jeff. That plating is a work of art. Those potatoes look to die for. Meat perfect. A solid home run!

Awesome!!
Somehow I dropped into this thread at the bottom, so I read a few posts on the way to the Post #1 Pics. I thought, "Wow, this is Awesome!!" Then I got to the beginning & saw it was My Friend Robert, and I thought "No Wonder it looks so Good!!!!
Like.

Bear

Robert a meal fit for royalty for sure! It’s been awhile since I’ve made the heart of palm salad. I’ll have to change that! I’ve never had picanha, I’ll need to change that too.

Wow my friend, that is one top notch meal! You had some lucky guests! I really want to try picanha, but haven’t had any luck finding it here… Anyway, again… top notch stuff there Robert!

Dang nice cook Robert! Looks wonderful! And you pass along a great deal of knowledge yourself! So for that...I say thank you! And also for your generosity!

Ryan

Robert, that is an amazing looking meal :emoji_grinning:. That picanha is cooked perfectly to our liking and top it all off with that key lime pie, not much else can be said about that...

Great looking meal Robert, I'm a little late , away for a couple days and missed a lot of posts

This is a cook, and no doubt your friends enjoyed

David

ps : and I love me some pie. I'm all about the dessert

Ha Ha thinking back my wife's first try at home made whip cream. She says what these lumps forming in it she have beat it to the point that butter lumps was forming. :emoji_laughing:

Warren

Howdy guys. Apologies for the delay in responding. Life has kinda gotten in the way these past few days. I did in fact post the recipe in reply #22 but I can see how it got overlooked. Happens to me all the darned time but here ya go. So simple, so delicious. You can get the Nellie and Joe's Key Lime juice on Amazon.

1/2c. Sour Cream
1T. Grated lime zest

That would be great, Robert. I really really love key lime pie!!!!!!!!!!
Gary

ps : and I love me some pie. I'm all about the dessert

I'd appreciate the recipe--can't ever have too many recipes for key lime pie.

Robert

tx smoker tx smoker Hey Robert, made the Key Lime Pie last night. WOW! Big hit with the wife. Can't believe how simple this was to make. Definitely going to be on the menu going forward. THANKS!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky