Dry Age Brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BigLad

Original poster
Dec 10, 2019
I folks, firstly hello as this is my first post!
Im currently dry aging some brisket (rolled and tied by the butcher which wasnt what I asked for but anyway) and ribeye.

I struggled to get a good seal on both cuts but eventually got them reasonable. The ribeye is hard and dark with a deep meaty smell. However the brisket has hard and soft spots and white mould, the same deep meaty smell. I read on other posts that some mould is ok and the smell would normally tell if it was off, but the soft areas are making me concerned.

Brisket Images
20191207_121821.jpg

Ribeye Images
20191207_121900.jpg

Please can the pro's take a look at the photos and advise?

Thanks,
BL

Attachments

• 20191207_121821.jpg
    20191207_121821.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 20191207_121801.jpg
    20191207_121801.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
I would post the images directly to this forum. Asking us to click on an unknown link from a new user is a bit risky. Just use the Attach Files button.

I would post the images directly to this forum. Asking us to click on an unknown link from a new user is a bit risky. Just use the Attach Files button.
Sorry id tried to link but it said contact administrator. I assumed it was because of my low post count. Will try and directly attach again.

I am not a pro by any means but if you vacuumed, as far as I know, you should not get any mold on surface in vacuumed environments... m I missing something or I didnt fully understand ...?
Mold need oxygen to grow... there is good and bad mold... white mold is good ( penicillin type..) darkened mold ( green, black, orange or yellow) - not good and needs to be scrapped of with vinegar or wine....
Mold in vac pac just doesn't seems right...
hopefully others with more expertise will chime in ...

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky