Drums & Thighs (Ninja Made)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Drums & Thighs (Ninja Made)

When it comes to Chicken Parts, with or without Bones, this Ninja is Fantastic!
So this time it’s 3 Drums & 4 Thighs that I sprinkled some CBP, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, and Paprika on before
Refrigerating for a few hours.

Then I plugged in the Ninja, set it on “Air Fryer”, and set it on 390° for 30 minutes.
I put the Drums & Thighs in the Ninja Air Fryer Basket, and closed the lid.
Then after 10 minutes I flipped them all and sauced both sides.
After another 8 minutes, I flipped them all again & sauced the top side again.
After 4 more minutes they were all over 180° IT and had nice color, so I shut it down.

The Drums got Mrs Bear’s BBQ Sauce (Her’s), and the Thighs got Jeff’s BBQ Sauce (Mine).
My first Night’s Supper had 2 Small Thighs, with Mashed Taters with Cream of Chicken Soup for Gravy, and a big hunk of Cranberry Sauce.

My Second Night’s Supper I had Thigh meat cut up and Nuked around the perimeter of a plate to heat it evenly. Then onto a Plate with another Hunk of Cranberry Sauce.

That’s All Folks!! Hope you enjoyed!

BTW: In case anyone is wondering why you're seeing "Cranberry Sauce" turn up on a few of my posts. A little while back, I thought since I love Cranberry Sauce, and it's not very expensive, why do we only have it when we have Turkey??
So you can expect to see it on the Bear's plate more often.

Bear

After 10 minutes, before saucing:
IMG_8160.JPG

After first coat of sauce:
IMG_8161.JPG

After 18 minutes:
IMG_8162.JPG

After a little more sauce, and a total of 22 minutes @ 390°:
IMG_8163.JPG

Two Thighs, with my favorite Mashed Taters with "Cream of Chicken soup for gravy", and Cranberry Sauce:
IMG_8165.JPG

Cut up Thigh meat & spread around the perimeter of the plate to Nuke it all evenly:
IMG_8169.JPG

Bear's second night of reheated Chicken Thigh pieces, and Cranberry Sauce:
IMG_8170.JPG

Wow! That looks awesome! I’m having to start splitting the sauces too, tastes are growing apart🤣

Nice looking plates of chicken. You done good.

Point for sure
Chris

Chicken looks great, nice job Bear.
Does the Ninja smoke very much when cooking chicken? The Merrill smokes so bad when I do chicken, sets the alarms off. Have tried both skin /skinless.

Chicken looks great, nice job Bear.
Does the Ninja smoke very much when cooking chicken? The Merrill smokes so bad when I do chicken, sets the alarms off. Have tried both skin /skinless.

Thank You Rider!!
If it Smokes, something must be eating it, because I make a lot of Chicken, and haven't noticed any smoke yet.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Wow! That looks awesome! I’m having to start splitting the sauces too, tastes are growing apart🤣

Thank You Jed!!
Any spice at all is too much for Mrs Bear!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Nice Bear!

I'm losing my mind waiting for the new Ninja.My first cook is going to be some type of chicken and onion rings.The thing is so big heck it'll be wings and thighs!

Nice Bear!

I'm losing my mind waiting for the new Ninja.My first cook is going to be some type of chicken and onion rings.The thing is so big heck it'll be wings and thighs!

Probably close:
Yours is different than mine, but these "How-tos" might help you get started:
Ninja Methods, Times & Temps

Bear

Reactions: normanaj
Looks great, I have asked myself why dont we eat more turkey dressing and cranberry sauce, It goes right out of my mind when I think of a supper, quick it aint but danged good it is.

I missed this yesterday John. Looks great as usual. The color you get from that Ninja steals the show! And I agree, why can't we have stuffing or other Turkey related things with Chicken, or pork chops? The second night when you nuke the meat, is it still juicy? I often get dry chicken the next day when reheating. Great work all around.

Very nice Bear! I would share that meal with you....well that is if I didn't eat it all before it got plated LOL

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky