Dried Beef - recommend internal temp

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mfreel

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Sep 4, 2013
Omaha, Nebraska
Doing some researching for a recipe for dried beef.  I've settled on a plan for a brine, but I need some suggestions for getting the appropriate IT.

Bearcarver takes his to 158.  However, what looked like another good method took it to 190.

These temps makes sense to me, depending on the product, for example, stix versus brisket.

But for a cured dried beef, the kind for $hit on a $hingle, what do I want to take an eye of round to?

Thanks for the help!

I go with the Bearcarver way and pull it when it hits 158* in fact I follow his recipe exactly and all I can say is WOW and so do my in-laws.  Got some curing in the fridge now, pulling it for a soaking tonight then smoking overnight tomorrow.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky