Double Butts for Christmas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

flyfishjeep

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jan 6, 2010
St Petersburg FL
The family started planning the Christmas family meal and the only protein was "pigs in a blanket".  So...  I had to put my foot down and volunteered my services. 

Two Butts are ready to go on the smoker.  Dutch's wicked beans are always make an appearance.

Pictures to come after I find my wife's I-phone.

Cooking over oak at 225 and rubbed down with a good dry rub.

Merry Christmas everyone! 

Sounds like a great Christmas meal!

Sounds great but you know what they say

worthless.gif

roflmao.gif

ROTF.gif

roflmao.gif

It sounds great have a good smoke and a very Merry Christmas

I don't know how to say this... 

The alarm was set for me to wake up in 2 hrs and reload some charcoal...  That is where the story took a bad turn.

Woke up at 6 which is about 2 hours after I should have added more fuel.  Temps were down to nill and I was 4 hrs in and had no heat on the meat.

This is the first time it has ever happened and it will NEVER happen again.  I figure if I get a hammock and set the alarm clock just out of reach so I will fall out of it rather than turning it off.

sorry for the dissapointing story.  I'm sure I'm not alone.

It sucks.

Wicked beans are still going now so at least I will some contribution.

Merry Christmas Everyone!

That is a bummer sorry to hear of it.  Well I'm sure the beans will be a big hit. Hope you have a very Merry Christmas

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky