Does anyone use a Cookshack Smoker ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I have an FEC750, FEC 100 and, PG1000 a Charbroiler. Theyre the best units out there IMHO. Its the easy bake oven of smoking. Consistent temps and performance anytime. Very expensive. Nobody comes close to their IQ4 controller. it really helps.

I have an FEC750, FEC 100 and, PG1000 a Charbroiler. Theyre the best units out there IMHO. Its the easy bake oven of smoking. Consistent temps and performance anytime. Very expensive. Nobody comes close to their IQ4 controller. it really helps.

This is my second season using a SM 025 and so far so delicious.

Positives  ...The set it and forget features of an electric smoker is certainly not "traditional Q" but I find myself smoking meals much more often because i can work it around other activity. Traditional charcoal and wood burners need attention and do turn out a "different" (some say better) result but ease of use in my opinion trumps the controversy. The unit is ridiculously well built and tight. Food times are greatly decreased from other methods. I finished a 14 lb packer in a little over 12 hours at 250. It was great! It cleans pretty easy (use foil to line floor and the cover over the wood box) and it seem reliable so far.

Negatives.....Don't use it in the rain ....bad idea with electric ...So that forces you to work around weather reports unless you have a covered area to run to. Also ..it takes awhile to get to temp... not time in slow motion, but could be faster. It also does not like water pans. Not an issue on most cooks but some recipes like Cupcake chicken  the moisture in the pan can cause the temps to drop and get tough to manage with the liquid in use.   It still works but takes longer due to temp issues.

Overall I recommend it and would buy one again. It is certainly pricey but it is designed and built like a high end resturant unit (that is Cookshack's core customer)

Has it's pros and cons but a solid cooker.

I have a covered patio so rain is typically not an issue.  However, we do get wind driven sideways rain. So far, no problems. 

Mine is out in the open. Right now I am 17 hours into a smoke with some very light sprinkles. I hope it holds out.

Overall I really like the Cookshack and have been using it a lot this spring. So much in fact that I am planning to replace my gas grill with a PG500 pellet smoker.

Used my first Cook Shack (Smokette) for 10 years Sold it 6 years ago for what I paid for it and bought an AmeriQue. 4 years ago I bought a SM 260. The only problems I've ever had with any of my Cook Shacks have been operator error. GREAT WELL BUILT SMOKERS!

I have owned two SM025's and as everyone else has said you just can't go wrong with a Cookshack smoker.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky