DIY Reverse flow smoker won't get hot or sustain big fire - modification/project

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
So as for your FB into your CC should look somthing like this. 15602149053965049607691995118458.jpg
As for the metal inside your FB, it sounds like that parts covered, so disregard that aspect. As long as the inlets are lower or at fire level.
The green part on Dave's diagram, is where the cut out should be. In my case the FB sits just shy of 7" inside the CC. Hopefully that clears that up.

As for the FB into the cooking chamber, you'll have to line that up as close as possible to save yourself self weld time.

Thanks for the reply.

But isn't that junction between a square FB and a cylindrical CC?

Wouldn't the intersection of two cylinders be more like the shape in this picture:

full

In my case the FB sits just shy of 7" inside the CC

As my cylinder both have flat ends the FB wouldn't actually be 'inside' the CC, it's just be joined directly onto the side?

Ok great!

Sorry I hate to ask again, but would you mind confirming that in the previous post you made, where you said I should swap which side the stack is on that you are effectively saying I should turn my reverse flow smoker into a traditional offset.

I think that's a good idea, but it's very invasive so want to be sure before I begin.

Thanks again.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky