Diablo Shrimp and Cilantro Chile Lime Chicken

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
It’s been a minute since I’ve had the Blackstone out. Figured I’d change that. today. Last night I started the chicken marinading. Marinade: 3/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro, 9T olive oil, 6T lime juice, 2T lime zest, 6T dark chili powder, 1T cumin, 1T kosher salt and 1T medium grind black pepper. I trimmed up about 7.5 lbs of boneless skinless thighs and marinated overnight. Shrimp Diablo was a wing it as I used a recipe offline which I threw in the garbage. At that point I just winged it. Roughly 9 guajillo and 6 arbol toasted then simmered in water till soft. Into the Vitamix with about 1 cup of the water and a can of diced tomatoes. 4T chili morita paste, 1 1/2T creamy peanut butter and about 1/2T lime. That’s GENERALLY what I did lol. I adjusted a few times to taste with Splenda and some white vinegar to kill bitterness. The shrimp marinaded overnight in just a little olive oil and Chile morita paste Cilantro Lime Slaw I made to offset the heat of the shrimp on tacos. Simple but very tasty. One bag Cole slaw mix, 1/2 red onion diced, 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro. Dressing is 1/3 cup olive oil , 1/4 cup lime , 1-2 T sweetener (I used Allulose) 1/2 t cumin, 1/4 t garlic powder. Salt and pepper to taste. Mix about 10 minutes before eating. Last up were my keto charro beans. I have linked them here several times.
9059D812-02F0-4640-803D-B1A906AD9AFD.jpeg
Thought I’d try something different with a video lol. Thanks for looking!

Hat's off to the most creative chef on the forum! Always well planned and executed, never repetitious, wish I had your chops. RAY

Reactions: jcam222
Love it !!!
I don't usually watch videos, but this one was Great!!
Nice Spicy music to go with what appears to be some Spicy food.
Thanks for showing!!
Like.

Bear

Reactions: jcam222
Hat's off to the most creative chef on the forum! Always well planned and executed, never repetitious, wish I had your chops. RAY

Hell Yeah, chow time!

looks awesome!! love the colors

man as always an amazing looking meal!
Jim

Looks creatively delicious....as usual!
Maybe one day I will attempt a feast like that !

Keith

Beautifully laid out and executed meal Jeff!
Thanks guys! It was fun to get some Blackstone work in. Fall weather seemed perfect for it. I tell you that Diablo shrimp warms your right up lol.

Reactions: JLeonard
Love it !!!
I don't usually watch videos, but this one was Great!!
Nice Spicy music to go with what appears to be some Spicy food.
Thanks for showing!!
Like.

Bear
Thanks John! Glad you enjoyed the video. It’s just something new I’m trying to learn.

Beautiful and delicious Jeff!

I liked that video Jeff, made the food look even better than just the photos…if that’s even possible.

Outstanding as always
Do you any photos of a flop so those of us not so gifted feel better?
Making plans for next weekend yet?
Oh yes, many flops. Most things I take at least 20 shots and then pare them down. It’s sometimes hard to get how good something looks in person to translate in photos. I’m still working on that. I find sandwiches the hardest. I am pondering a few cooks ahead now framing them up in my head. I have to do brisket soon but have some River things planned.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky