deer burger --- beef suet

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

voodoochile

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jul 20, 2013
Brownstown ILL
I like to add beef suet to my deer burger but I do have problems grinding the suet . It tends to cake up in the grinder and will actually stop the grinder from grinding . You have to take the plate and knife out every so often and clean things out .

Anyone have any tips for grinding suet ? 

BTW ......... I have tried many different fat sources for my deer burger and suet is the best ... hands down . It is loaded with flavor and has a low melting point so the fat cooks out well.  Most people dont even realize they are eating deer burger ,they think it is beef .

if you are interested ....... 10 lbs deer meat , 1 1/2 -2 lbs beef suet , 1 lb bacon  ............ I grind thru a course plate twice 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky