Decent ribs????

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sask attak

Original poster
Jan 14, 2010
Just got back from the butcher and I am wondering if these ribs are of a decent quality. There was nothing fresh there so I had roll the dice on the frozen ones. I trying to learn the difference between quality and crap cuts of meat, so any input would be appreciated

Seem a little fatty. I also thought there would be more meat on them as well. But .....I am too wet behind the ears to figure it out yet.
icon_smile.gif

I'm no expert -- others will be along who no more than I do I'm sure. But here's my 2 cents worth...

Yes, they do look a bit fatty. But heck, they are beef ribs, and I LOVE beef ribs. Nothing like the taste of some juicy beef ribs. If that's all you could get, rejoice and smoke 'em.

Reminds me of the saying -- "The proof of the pudding is in the tasting." (which is the original saying, not "the proof is in the pudding" which if you think about it, really doesn't say much...but I digress....).

The proof of the ribs is in the tasting too! Thaw 'em, rub 'em, smoke 'em, and eat them. You'll know then. My hunch is they are MUCH better than no ribs at all!

Let us know how they turn out.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky