Curing Cabinet/Room Question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fishwrestler

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Apr 4, 2010
Loomis,CA
The wine room I want to turn into a curing room has plywood siding inside it  and the unit came with 10' of cedar wine racks built in, I am thinking of using some of the racks to make the hanging racks for my sausages,. Will I be OK using the current wood inside the curing chamber or should I line it with some sort of Plastic Siding and use stainless shelving o hang the sausage on?

Thanks for the assistance.

Robert

I'm thinking you'd want something washable for the walls, but you could get away with a couple coats of washable paint.

I’m with Dan on this one. Rules and Regs state that that unless wood is sealed it is a big no no.

Because you are using it as a curing chamber you will have some/lot moisture which will create bad mould and thus making it hard to wash and keep clean hence paint (white) 

Did some research and and I will be going with FRP with a solvent based glue. I will have to get the glue out of state. Talked with an old roommate who use to work with FRP.. He said the adhesive is flammable but once it cures after 4 days it will hold up to the high moisture and it is what he uses in refrigeration and freezer boxes.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky