Cured Chicken Ham Legs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Beautiful Job, David!!
I could get rid of a few of them for you!!
I always Dry Cured my Bacons & Dried Beef, but I always said if I ever get around to Curing Chicken Parts, I would use a Wet Cure, like Pops or like what you just did. Nobody would want to Dry cure all those little pieces!
Dang those look Tasty!

Thanks John for the like and the comment

Yes they came out great, and I could also eat a few of them ,
but they are for an other meal I'm doing but we did sneak a couple more to nibble on

Yes that would be very trying to get the dry cure on all the parts

David

Looks great and I like that chicken hanger too.
But 30 hours of yardwork? Wow I would have to hire some help for that one!

Thanks Nicefly for the like and the comment

Ha Ha , no they sat in the fridge for 30 hours before I could get back to smoke them.
Normally I would just let air dry in fridge over night ( 12 hours ) but because I had lots
Of yard cleanup from the big ice storm , could not smoke until the next night. But it still
was a lot of work, and lots of tree cutting today.

Yes a few guys and gals have shown these hangers on here , got mine on Amazon
for I think $ 12.00 that's Canadian lol so cheaper for you guys

David

I kind of like the lollipop prep myself, and they go pretty fast after one or two. Not only can you get the tendons out, but you can snap the fibula (tooth pick bone) as well.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
I kind of like the lollipop prep myself, and they go pretty fast after one or two. Not only can you get the tendons out, but you can snap the fibula (tooth pick bone) as well.

Thanks Third eye for the comment

I like the idea of the look for the lollipop. I guess this would be done before the cure and the smoke.

David

Thanks Third eye for the comment

I like the idea of the look for the lollipop. I guess this would be done before the cure and the smoke.

David
Yep, prep before curing (or brining if not curing). They do look appealing, but the best parts are the fact they cook very evenly, and your bites are tendon free.
J420uqp.jpg

Oh my goodness that looks good! Did you apply a glaze?

Rick
Yes, that would been either the Blues Hog Competition, or the Blues Hog Raspberry Chipotle. Ace Hardware is carrying their products now. Not only do the lollipops cook more even, but you can remove tendons and that little toothpick fibula bone. Sneak a knife blade down the bone and twist; the bone will break.
L5bXil4.jpg

Reactions: Cody_Mack
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky