Cuban sandwich

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
For any Cuban sandwich lovers. Here is my attempt at them. I found a recipe for Cuban bread and went with that.

IMG_0308.jpg

Not a thing of beauty.! But man do they smell good!

IMG_0314.jpg

Sliced and ready for the meats and things.

IMG_0316.jpg

Got the ham and pork warming up.

IMG_0317.jpg

Gave the bread a good slather of dejohn mustard. Added swiss cheese, and the ham and pork, pickles. And put in a heated panini press.

IMG_0318.jpg

Out of the press and resting for a minute or 2.

IMG_0319.jpg

Money shot! This was delicious. My next go around I'll add a touch more mustard.

Steve I almost just wanted to stay looking at that bread. Please share that recipe.
Sandwich looks fantastic Points
Richie

Steve I almost just wanted to stay looking at that bread. Please share that recipe.
Sandwich looks fantastic Points
Richie

Here you go:

Reactions: tropics
That’s one great looking and hearty Cuban sandwich!

It’s 4am. I’m in my skivvies. I’m tip-toeing to the kitchen so I don’t wake up the wife... I’m looking to fix up a sandwich like that. Maybe even a second one using that bread and jcam222 jcam222 pastrami.

Yes sir!! I love a good Cuban sandwich. Developed an affinity for them quite a while back when I used to hang out at the neighborhood Hooters...for the wings of course :emoji_wink: They make a decent rendition of a Cuban sandwich but yours blows theirs completely out of the water. Excellent job buddy!!

Robert

Reactions: Steve H
Like most, I love a good Cuban sandwich. Yours looks excellent. That bread steals the show. The minor difference, I use spicy mustard instead of dijon. Great work, Steve.

For any Cuban sandwich lovers. Here is my attempt at them. I found a recipe for Cuban bread and went with that.

View attachment 487136

Not a thing of beauty.! But man do they smell good!

View attachment 487137
Sliced and ready for the meats and things.

View attachment 487138
Got the ham and pork warming up.

View attachment 487139
Gave the bread a good slather of dejohn mustard. Added swiss cheese, and the ham and pork, pickles. And put in a heated panini press.

View attachment 487140

Out of the press and resting for a minute or 2.

View attachment 487141
Money shot! This was delicious. My next go around I'll add a touch more mustard.

WOW Steve that looks fantastic brother!

I lived in Miami/Ft Lauderdale and am ashamed I do not remember ever having one, but once I can eat real food again I will be giving it a try.

BIG LIKE!

John

Looks delicious Steve! The marks left by the panini press really add to it!

Ryan

Oh Yeah! Love me a cuban.
Thank you!

Great looking sandwich, nice and toasty Mmmmmmm
David
Thanks!

That’s one great looking and hearty Cuban sandwich!

It’s 4am. I’m in my skivvies. I’m tip-toeing to the kitchen so I don’t wake up the wife... I’m looking to fix up a sandwich like that. Maybe even a second one using that bread and jcam222 jcam222 pastrami.
lol! Thanks!

Yes sir!! I love a good Cuban sandwich. Developed an affinity for them quite a while back when I used to hang out at the neighborhood Hooters...for the wings of course :emoji_wink: They make a decent rendition of a Cuban sandwich but yours blows theirs completely out of the water. Excellent job buddy!!

Robert
Thanks Robert! For my first go. I was happy with it.

Nice looking sammich!
Thank you!

Like most, I love a good Cuban sandwich. Yours looks excellent. That bread steals the show. The minor difference, I use spicy mustard instead of dijon. Great work, Steve.
Thanks! I was thinking about using spicy mustard.

Damn Steve that is one heck of a good looking cuban. Nice job bud
Thanks Jake!

Wow!!
That's a Winner!!
Nice Job, Steve!!
Like.

Bear
Thank you Bear!

Man that's a great looking Cuban . I love a Cuban sandwich . Nice work .
Thanks Chop!

I think you nailed the bread and the overal sandwich Steve! Looks fantastic!
Thanks Jeff!

WOW Steve that looks fantastic brother!

I lived in Miami/Ft Lauderdale and am ashamed I do not remember ever having one, but once I can eat real food again I will be giving it a try.

BIG LIKE!

John
Thanks John!

That looks incredible. I'd finish about five of them! Lived in south Florida for a while and was my favorite meal there.
Thank you!

Looks delicious Steve! The marks left by the panini press really add to it!

Ryan
Thanks Ryan! I thought the same thing.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky