Crab Dip

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
WOW THANKS FOR POSTING! Family crab dip recipe from a guy from MD... Sure hit! Personally, not a huge fan of Old Bay. If I use it, I use far less than recommended... I want to taste the dang crab not spice. :emoji_laughing: Also, cheddar... I woulda thought swiss or the like...

How do eat it? Ritz, wheat thins or bread?

zwiller Thanks for the like it is appreciated. Note there is no old bay in the recipe that was some others that added it. We eat on club crackers.

Warren

Reactions: zwiller
This is good stuff.
My additions were dill, garlic, Tabasco, old bay and double the crab meat and cheese.
I smoked it at 250 with some hickory for an hour and a half.

That sounds good. I was thinking Artichoke Hearts as well...
Also, cheddar... I woulda thought swiss or the like...

ME too...Gruyere or Aged Gouda. YUM!...JJ

Reactions: zwiller
All of the adjustments sound great. But remember when this recipe was first made there were not most of the additions or changes you are suggesting.
We lived in the rural area of Maryland's Eastern Shore. Very limited variety of things as compared to today's choices. There was no large grocery stores mostly mom and pop shops with a limited choice of items.

Warren

Reactions: Fueling Around
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky