Crab Apple Tree

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

joeyg2100

Original poster
May 3, 2010
I am cutting down my crab apple tree. I am tired of all the small un eatable apples in my yard. I was wanting to keep some of this wood back for smoking. Has anyone used this wood before? It it worth keeping?

Joey,

The wood is applewood....crab is the fruit. I don't see a difference in the smoke quality from that of a prize-winning large fruiting tree. Applewood was my favorite to use in the electric smoker since 1982!
smile.gif

I would keep all that I could...

C.C.

Hi,

Crab apple makes an incredible jelly. My Mom used to make it with a recipe from my Grandma. I wish I had the recipe AND your tree..
PDT_Armataz_01_01.gif

She used to make jelly out of just about anything. My favorite is a mock strawberry with rhubarb.

Hmmm.... Thinking.... dandelion wine, crab apple jelly on sourdough biscuits, goulash... shucks, now I'm hungry...

PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky