Couple of Butt-Can Birds Today

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

watery eyes

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
May 21, 2007
Detroit Suburbs
Here are a couple of pictures of some Butt-Can Birds that I did today:

Bird on the left was just shy of 8 lbs. and the one on the right was just shy of 6 lbs.

Here is a shot of the 6 pounder....

And here is a shot of the 8 pounder:

Both were just spiced with garlic powder, onion powder and pepper and sprayed with a apple juice/pineapple juice mix. Smoked with apple and mesquite.

Will let you know how they taste later.....
icon_razz.gif

The Apple and Mesquite were great. My wife said the chicken tasted like smoked turkey....especially the wings.

Some folks don't care for Mesquite, but I am getting fond of it.
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif

Here is a picture of both birds dressed out and the mess of Wicked Beans that we also made today.....

Used a variant of Dr. Pepper in the cans called Dr. Faygo....Faygo is a local distributor here in the Detroit area and is kind of the 31 Flavors of pop distributors.

Excellent job, they look great!

Ahhh, Faygo pop... brings back alot of memories!

Nope....I haven't brined a bird yet due to space issues(big birds)...but they come out VERY moist anyways.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky