Cornish Hens

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

usmcnova22

Original poster
Dec 22, 2006
Rochester, NY
I am smoking a couple cornish hens for Xmas and I am new to the smoking world. I was planning on using a peach wood. Any tips on temps or rubs??

I smoke the hens at 225-250*until they are at 160 internal temp.I also brine them and use a rub,I have not made my own rubs yet so I have been using either McCormicks chicken rub or famous daves chicken rub.I think that brining them makes a huge difference.

I was just lookin back at some earlier threads and if the brine inrterests you there are 3 or 4 turkey threads in a row and there are 2 or 3 different brine recipes and none of them sound bad to me.The last cornish hens I did I brined about 4 hours.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky