Cookshack Model 150 Rebuild

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hey Guys, I am a backyard smoker, avid electronic engineer and builder / repair guy for electronics. I just did an Iq4 repair. If you guys need help, hit me up. I also make replacement controllers for electric smoker like these cook shack ones using an Arduino .
I am interested in this repair. My 160 is now useless due to this problem...

It's time to rebuild this Cookshack serial #AC-2762 born 12-12-2000, 1550 watts with the IQ4 controller. That info may be useful to you later if you have one these with a bad controller. This the 120v electric model with 5 regular racks and three rib racks. It is a workhorse and the only time it was ever serviced was to disable the door switch. I have owned this unit for ten years and traded it straight up for an Imperial four-burner cooktop I took out of my catering trailer. It has seen all conditions, terrain, weather and will easily last another 20 years. It even has the spare element that came with it new.
The one and only issue is that one of the membrane/tactile switches (push button) on the front face doesn't work (Set Cook Temp) . The other auto functions (brisket or chix/ribs) work and you definitely continue using it as. However, the LCD display is dated and difficult to read from a distance and it has no thermocouple meat probe. I am going to fix that by replacing the IQ4 controller with a PID controller , meat probe and meat temp displayView attachment 467480View attachment 467481View attachment 467482View attachment 467483. Anyone who owns one of these with a faulty IQ4 but good tactile switches, get at me and you could fix your smoker like brand new in 10 minutes.
My 160 has this same problem. Interested in the repair.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky