Cookshack Amerique SM066?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rawcalls

Original poster
Jan 11, 2024
Anyone know if you could use an Inkbird wifi temp controller on the Cookshack Amerique SM066 without getting into rewiring stuff? I would love to be able to control the temp remotely but not sure it would work on this smoker because it has a start/stop button that you have to press every time you turn it on. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

I'm guessing lack of response means no one has that smoker.
Maybe with rewiring and a different controller that supports WIFI, just a guess.

Kind of what I figured but was hoping someone just missed my question and would chime in.

I can't be of help either. It's also possible when you posted this there were several responses to other threads... some days it doesn't take long to have a thread get pushed on down the list.

Ryan

I can't be of help either. It's also possible when you posted this there were several responses to other threads... some days it doesn't take long to have a thread get pushed on down the list.

Ryan
No worries. Yes, that's kind of why I was trying to bump it back up to the top.

Reactions: Brokenhandle
I doubt the Inkbird will work for you. To clarify, you're talking the Inkbird ITC-308? The Inkbird simply turns on/off the outlet.

Reading through the SM066 manual, the startup procedure involves setting temp, time, and hitting start. Every time the Inkbird cycles on this would have to be done again.

Those temp controllers can essentially only be used for simple analog on/off operations, like fridges, seed mats, etc. Nothing with a start sequence that requires intervention.

I doubt the Inkbird will work for you. To clarify, you're talking the Inkbird ITC-308? The Inkbird simply turns on/off the outlet.

Reading through the SM066 manual, the startup procedure involves setting temp, time, and hitting start. Every time the Inkbird cycles on this would have to be done again.

Those temp controllers can essentially only be used for simple analog on/off operations, like fridges, seed mats, etc. Nothing with a start sequence that requires intervention.
Yes, the ITC-308. Your explanation makes sense and kind of what I thought would be the problem. I appreciate you replying

I'm guessing what you really want is a PID. Pretty sure Auber makes a plug and play that doesn't require rewiring. There will be other folks who can comment on that far more in depth than I can.

Reactions: rawcalls
I'm guessing what you really want is a PID. Pretty sure Auber makes a plug and play that doesn't require rewiring. There will be other folks who can comment on that far more in depth than I can.
I don't really have any issue with the smoker holding a consistent temp. I just would like to be able to control it from my phone. I do like that you can do more with the Auber PID controller, like program a smoke schedule. I emailed them to confirm that it will work on my SM066. I was hoping the Inkbird would work because it is so much cheaper, haha. Thanks for the info!

Auber emailed me back and, unfortunately, since the SM066 is digital and not analog, I would have to do some re-wiring to bypass the control panel or hook up a power cord directly to its heating element inside, then plug that into the Auber controller to drive it.

Reactions: jcam222
Auber emailed me back and, unfortunately, since the SM066 is digital and not analog, I would have to do some re-wiring to bypass the control panel or hook up a power cord directly to its heating element inside, then plug that into the Auber controller to drive it.
Thus I said controller surgery. Here is a link to the 066 manual; scroll through it for the wiring diagram and I hope it helps!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky