Cooking whole hogs in underground pit

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thanks for the posting cowgirl! As a young whipper-snapper, I remember my dad and friends cooking some venison hams in an underground pit. Even as a youngin', I remember that was the best tasting meat I ever had!!! And I have always remembered how tender it was and how good it tasted.
With your posting, I'm going to seriously attempt to do the same (but maybe not with not a whole hog!!).
Thanks for the motivation.
icon_lol.gif

You're sure welcome step-n-fetch-it. It's an old method of cooking food, but it's still a good one in my book.
icon_biggrin.gif

Hope you try it, and remember to take pictures for me!
icon_mrgreen.gif

Arggh. I got logged off again and lost my entire post. Will try to send pictures if ever I get to see one again. Its not too common nowdays. There is another cooking method called huli pig. Basically rotisserie style. The skin becomes crisp. Anyway until I learn how to make longer posts without getting logged off I will keep it short. Maybe someone else on this forum from Hawaii has pictures.
Aloja
Brian

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky