Commercial cooler conversion advice

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jokensmoken

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Dec 7, 2016
Whitmore Lake Michigan
I've been asked to assist a good friend with introducing smoked meat to his existing restaurant.
He has a large double door walk in cooler he thinks we can convert to a smoker/smoke house...
I have NO PARTICULARS on the cooler and haven't even seen it up close.
I'm a handy guy and so is my friend and we have access to or can procure everything we need.
I need to know about anything/everything we need to pay particular attention to while do this build...i read a little about the insulation issues but it occurs to me there may be other things I need to be aware of...
I've never done a conversion of a cooler/fridge so beyond coolant (if it even still has any) and insulation, every bit of advice would be welcome.
We are just in the conversation stages of this project and I'd like to be better informed next time we talk about it...
My buddy is in the empty and power wash stages now because it's been used for storage (mostly junk...lol) for a decade.
We're meeting Monday to take a look at it and have a more serious conversation.
TIA folks
Walt

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky