College Station, Texas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tomhooper

Fire Starter
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 10, 2016
College Station, Texas
Was just gifted a Traeger Century 885 D2. I've been talking about going to a pellet grill for a few months. Have been a die-hard offset guy for almost 40 years. Fact of the matter is I'm getting too old and crotchety to tend a fire all night. Looking forward to a new challenge.
I live in College Station, Texas, home of the Fightin' Texas Aggies. Enjoy fine food, cigars, good whiskey, fine wine and Aggie athletics. I'll let y'all know how things go.

Most of us have several smokers. Each has their place. You will enjoy the pellets for ease but keep that stick burner. Welcome from Tennessee and GO MISSISSIPPI STATE BULLDOGS!

Welcome from Minnesnowat. Have a Pit Boss pellet grill and love the pellet grills. Much easier to smoke a cigar when I don’t have to tend to a flame.

Welcome from Virginia! Definitely don’t downsize! Nothing wrong with pellet smokers, in my opinion, time and effort is a reality that is sometimes hard to avoid in life. If the food tastes good, and you’re having fun cooking, the mission is accomplished!

Welcome from a HOGS fan living in Mississippi! Glad you joined up. Look forward to your posts and pics.
Jim

Welcome from the Palmetto State. Coach Gary Blair is a class act and naming the basketball court for him is an outstanding honor. But last night the Lady Gamecocks were just too much for the Aggies...:emoji_wink: GO COCKS!!

Welcome from the Palmetto State. Coach Gary Blair is a class act and naming the basketball court for him is an outstanding honor. But last night the Lady Gamecocks were just too much for the Aggies...:emoji_wink: GO COCKS!!
I've gotten to know Gary personally over the past few years. He is indeed a class act. We both enjoy a glass of fine wine at one of our local watering holes on occasion and also do get in a round of golf every now and then. Hopefully more now that he's retired.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky