Cold smoker design

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Lawyer Bob

Original poster
Dec 24, 2021
Houston
I built a small smokehouse, 24 x 24 x 36 high + legs. Half a dozen 1 1/2 “ holes drilled near the top,of each side. No chimney. Floor is open but for some chicken wire to keep critters out. i use the amazin maze. Smoked my first sausage for 3 hrs +/-. Little to no smokey flavor. After that i covered up half the floor with some scrap boards to reduce air flow so smoke would linger longer, then smoked Second batch for 6 hrs, but same result, little or no smokey flavor. It looks like ikm getting plenty of smoke and air flow (even with the addition of the floor boards). Do i just need to smoke my product longer? Or do i have a design flaw?

Pics of your house would help. Lots of guys on here have home built smoke houses. I’m sure someone will chime in soon with some advice.
Jim

Reactions: Brokenhandle
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky