• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Cold smoked venison backstrap..

indaswamp

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 27, 2017
I like cold smoking at night personally....higher RH% at night. Cold smoke in the 50's is perfect.....that's when I like to cold smoke my bacon.

Joined Dec 1, 2021
Meat candy , did you follow bearcarvers recipe to cure and smoke to temp or did you cold smoke after the tq cure ? This is similar to what I’m trying to accomplish but am torn between a tq brine or #1 brine and tq rub

Meatcandy101

Joined Sep 26, 2021
Meat candy , did you follow bearcarvers recipe to cure and smoke to temp or did you cold smoke after the tq cure ? This is similar to what I’m trying to accomplish but am torn between a tq brine or #1 brine and tq rub
I ended up cold smoking after 8-9 days of curing. I cold smoked it for 4 nights (wrapping and refrigerating during the day) got me close to a 30% reduction in weight.

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.