Coffee seasoning for steak

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I used to get a coffee rub from Trader Joes that we loved. I will need to see if they still have it.

I use Joe Carrols Fette Sau rub on butts and I do like it on sirloin caps. 1/2 cup of kosher salt is probably plenty for steaks.

• 1 1/2 cups packed dark brown sugar
  • 1 cup kosher salt
  • 1 cup finely ground espresso beans
  • 1/4 cup freshly ground black pepper
  • 1/4 cup garlic powder
  • 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
  • 2 tablespoons ground cumin
  • 1-2 tablespoons cayenne

Reactions: Omnivore
I have tried a couple. I really like Carne Crosta from Oakridge BBQ, probably my favorite steak rub. According to Oakridge to get the best results from the Crosta rub you need a very high heat sear to release the oils. When done right Crosta makes an awesome steak. Albukirky makes a good coffee rub as well.

I have tried a couple. I really like Carne Crosta from Oakridge BBQ, probably my favorite steak rub. According to Oakridge to get the best results from the Crosta rub you need a very high heat sear to release the oils. When done right Crosta makes an awesome steak. Albukirky makes a good coffee rub as well.
Agree on the carne crosta. The entire oakridge line is awesome. More pricey than others but they only use high end ingredients so it works for me

I recently purchased some steak coffee seasoning, Always looking to try new seasonings and thought why not, even though I'm not a coffee drinker. Anyone use coffee seasoning on meats? Likes or dislikes. Thanks
I got this recipe from an Ina Garten TV show.
2 TBLSP Salt
2 TBLSP Black pepper
2 tsp brown sugar
2 tsp ground coffee
1 tsp ground garlic
1 tsp chipotle chili
1 tsp red pepper flakes.

Reactions: bill1
I got this recipe from an Ina Garten TV show.
2 TBLSP Salt
2 TBLSP Black pepper
2 tsp brown sugar
2 tsp ground coffee
1 tsp ground garlic
1 tsp chipotle chili
1 tsp red pepper flakes.
This is the way I like coffee in my rubs...barely perceptible, unless you're looking for it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky