Coca Cola? (or Pepsi?)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I'll switch between the two depending on my mood.

On a side note ....... i was in the grocery store last night and was passing the bbq sauce section They had a Dr. Pepper sauce and an A&W Rootbeer sauce. Didn't get any ...... kinda like making my own but will prob give them a try, then try to recreate it if i like it.

Makes me sad too. Disneyland is all Coke too, so I drink water!
icon_evil.gif

Coke is very aggressive at getting new customers. The are approx. the same price as Pepsi per serving, but they offer certain incentives (cash back and / or same shipping price for franchise locations) for a certain period to get the customers switched over.

It's happening all over my area. There are only a few places left that serve Pepsi... what a shame.

One of the prominent flavors in cococola is derived from coriander seed, very citrusy and an obvious choice for flavoring. Pepsi is sweeter and an excellent remedy for hangover(coke always comes up empty in that department) but coke has a broader flavor spectrum.

I've used coke many times in the past for a marinade ingredient. My son likes to use Dales marinade a lot. But I find it to make my meats too salty. I've been mixing the Dales with coke to tone down the salt flavor. Now its the wifes favorite with the steaks.

Greg

Good points re: Coriander; never knew that...

Now as to the hangover? Never tried that...for me it's black coffee and 3-4 very dry fried eggs over hard...eats up the acid...oh and a banana and lots of water for dessert!!
PDT_Armataz_01_36.gif

Michael

Not to steal his fire.
Yes it is.
GREAT family dogs (like Labs).
Ours was a great hunter as well.
Some of em are ugly, but that's a nice lookin one.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky