Cleaning the MBGF 560

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

randyrayd

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Mar 8, 2017
Sneads Ferry, NC
I have mostly cooked over a pan, but when grilling at high temp, I know some crud will get down in the smoker, not just juices but ash. to anyone that has had their 560 longer, how are you cleaning up. I have aluminum foil on the grease cup and heat manifold, but what about food char that falls through the grates?

Reactions: negolien
tin foiled manifold and surrounding. I rip off every few cooks and scrape down with wire brush. I burn off every cook to clear out manifold.

I actually took my pressure washer and cleaned out the inside yesterday. Wrapped the fan and housing in plastic wrap beforehand. Blew all the buildup off, the manifold, then the grates, then did a complete burnoff and re-seasoning of the grill and grates. All of it is just a metal box

Reactions: negolien
I actually took my pressure washer and cleaned out the inside yesterday. Wrapped the fan and housing in plastic wrap beforehand. Blew all the buildup off, the manifold, then the grates, then did a complete burnoff and re-seasoning of the grill and grates. All of it is just a metal box

Using a pressure washer doesn’t sound like a good idea. Too extreme. I wouldn’t even use a regular hose. Too much moisture. Not to mention you blasted away all the good seasonin.

Using a pressure washer doesn’t sound like a good idea. Too extreme. I wouldn’t even use a regular hose. Too much moisture. Not to mention you blasted away all the good seasonin.

Not a big deal imho he said he was gonna re season it. Little extreme? Maybe but Rex did just cook a huge brisket in it and cooks up a storm probably got the top most 5 cooks in the 560 numbers wise of us 560 owners here sooo. Whatever makes people more comfortable.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky