Cleaning out UDS

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I just lift the coal basket out and wipe the bottom out with a paper towel to get the moisture out and dump any ash from the basket and its ready to use the next time .                                                                                                                                                            I

The wife just got a new Dyson, with the suction it has makes me want to take it out to clean the ash from my drums and also the other smoker.

Other then that I just wait till one of the kids is in trouble and they get to clean all the smokers instead of being grounded.

When i looked at it before posting this which was shortly after a smoke it looked a little wet so i was not sure. When i went to clean it though it was rather dry with the ash kinda soaking up the wetness. So I just went and got a standbox shovel and that cleaned the ash and what not out good. I think after the summer ill do like suggested above and hose it out and use some green cleaner. thanks for the info.

The bottom of my UDS can get quite a bit of water so I usually just wipe it out with a bunch of paper towels ever so often. I have thougt about using a shop vac but I didn't want to have to clean that out after I cleaned the UDS.

Shop vac to clean the ashes. To clean the grates I throw them on the gas grill on high then wire brush them. Other than that I don't clean the inside of my drum. My drum bottom used to be the top so the moisture leaks out the bottom, no problem with the moisture collecting on the bottom.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky