Chucky

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I just went with the "Beefy Onion Soup".
I tried MSS a couple times & we didn't care for it. It seemed like little pieces of chipboard without taste & they fall off all over the kitchen, during prepping, smoking, slicing, etc. Bear

Perfect Bear, I was pretty much thinking right along those lines, it made more mess that it was worth. I'll pick up some packs of FOS while I'm at the store. RAY

Perfect Bear, I was pretty much thinking right along those lines, it made more mess that it was worth. I'll pick up some packs of FOS while I'm at the store. RAY

I use "Lipton's Beefy Onion" Dry Soup Mix.
Got that tip from Chopsaw!! Works Great.
I don't have to worry about my Vac Sealer sucking any juices up, and then the liquid that forms during the SV bath liquifies the Soup Mix , and marinates for all those hours.

Bear
IMG_3079.jpg

I use "Lipton's Beefy Onion" Dry Soup Mix.
Got that tip from Chopsaw!! Works Great.
I don't have to worry about my Vac Sealer sucking any juices up, and then the liquid that forms during the SV bath liquifies the Soup Mix , and marinates for all those hours.

Bear

Often I’ll mix that in for burgers ... holds the moisture and fat and they stay juicy ... probably not as healthy, but no one’s getting out of here alive anyway.

Reactions: sawhorseray
Ha, that's for darned sure! I haven't had anything but the Hipshot burgers I make for years now, something about the beef, pork, SPC combo, that keeps them real juicy. RAY

I did the 48 hour chucky last Thurs. with beefy onion pkg on one side and sprinkled the other side with dehydrated vegetable flakes (for soup starter type of cooks) to hydrate with the Lipton pkg.

Disappointed ... the Mrs not feeling well, so just pulled the chuckie out of the bath and straight to the fridge ... hopefully plating and review on Tuesday when back in town.
Living (and eating) vicariously thru y’all until then!

Disappointed ... the Mrs not feeling well, so just pulled the chuckie out of the bath and straight to the fridge ... hopefully plating and review on Tuesday when back in town.
Living (and eating) vicariously thru y’all until then!
Half the time I'm not ready to eat when long SV cooks are done so I have a big mixing bowl in the fridge with water many hours before done if I decide to post pone eating it till the next day so I can transfer to it and cover with ice to quickly cool it. You have 28 days to get to it. You can prepare a lot of meals in advance if you cool the food quickly in ice water in the fridge.

Half the time I'm not ready to eat when long SV cooks are done so I have a big mixing bowl in the fridge with water many hours before done if I decide to post pone eating it till the next day so I can transfer to it and cover with ice to quickly cool it. You have 28 days to get to it. You can prepare a lot of meals in advance if you cool the food quickly in ice water in the fridge.
That would have been a good idea. I transferred to coldest part of fridge, but didn’t think of an ice bath. Of course, it is/was only at target temp of 131 anyway, and had been in for 50 hours, so not doing much more cooking as it cools. Guess I will find out after I throw it in the hot tub again.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky