Chuckie burnt ends question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Firemedic76

Smoke Blower
Original poster
May 27, 2019
I’ve been really wanting to make these and I’m thinking Tomm but I can’t get em in the smoker till noon and prefer to eat around 6-6:30. Is it possible if I do a hotter smoke say 275-300F to have this 3lb chuck roast up to 190 before slicing then putting back on smoker for another hour or two if it cooks up real fast. I just watched a vid from another thread where the roast was cubed then placed on the smoker and that was a 4 hr cook but I like the smoke ring from a whole roast cook but didn’t know if it could be done in 6 1/2 hrs total cook time.

Reactions: JLeonard
Yes, you can have them ready in 4 to 5 hours, and hopefully you have time to rest them as well. Don't worry about the 190°, cook them until they are uber tender. Cut the roast into 1" cubes, season, smoke for about 2 hours. Rotate them so they get a nice color. Move to a foil pan, add some beefy broth, maybe a squeeze of sauce, touch up the seasoning.... cover the pan and check in 60 to 90 minutes, add more broth if needed. Cook until they are tender.

Yes, you can have them ready in 4 to 5 hours, and hopefully you have time to rest them as well. Don't worry about the 190°, cook them until they are uber tender. Cut the roast into 1" cubes, season, smoke for about 2 hours. Rotate them so they get a nice color. Move to a foil pan, add some beefy broth, maybe a squeeze of sauce, touch up the seasoning.... cover the pan and check in 60 to 90 minutes, add more broth if needed. Cook until they are tender.
Ok cool. I meant the 190 temp for the whole chuck if I decided not to cube it. I’m thinking of actually trying both at the same time. That way if the whole chick takes longer than planned the precubed one should be ready to eat instead.

It doesn't matter for the whole roast either, tenderness does not have a set temperature. . If you do the whole chuck roast, plan on a lot more time.

Take 7 minutes and watch Malcom cook them starting with cubes. LINK

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky