Chris' Twisted Burgers, My Failure: Was Still VERY Good (W / Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
What a DELICIOUS looking mistake! Some of the best calzones I've ever made started out as pizzas that stuck to the peel.

Thank you very much. I appreciate the encouragement as well as the honesty of your commentary. Quite frankly, I got a good laugh out of it :emoji_laughing: Sure is nice that we can all laugh together at our follies.

Still chuckling,
Robert

Mistakes
Lawyers send theirs to prison and Doctors bury theirs, but Cooks?
We gotta eat ours.

As always, very well stated and a beautiful way to put things into perspective John. Thank you.

I'm convinced. Can't help but wonder what my next screw up is gonna be but can only hope it comes out as well as this one did. Thank you also for seeing the merit of my thoughts on the forum and what can be gleaned from it if you want to learn. Coming from somebody with your amazing history here, that means a lot to me.

Robert

Sure loks good to me.

Thank you....for what looked to be a disaster :emoji_grinning:

I would eat the splat. Betters many of my oops.

That's an honor....I hope :emoji_laughing: As mentioned in a previous response, I've thought through numerous ways to approach this time with a better chance for success. Be on the lookout at some point for Round 2.

Robert

That's a whole heap of homemade goodies you put into that pie Robert. I wouldn't call it a failure at all, and would have been proud to devour a slice or two.

Thanks Chris. Very much appreciated. I was reluctant to post this for fear of embarrassing both of us. With the whole crux of it being all the homemade goodies, I figured it was worth it so took my chances with the ridicule :emoji_wink:

Robert

That is a mouthful there!
Looks real good to me!
I'll take two slices please!
Congrats on making the carousel!!

Thank you Al!! It was certainly a mouthful of very thick, very filling pizza. I'm just kinda chuckling also at the irony that this got featured. It was a total wreck that I managed to salvage but wanted the good folks here to see what can be learned. Never in my wildest dreams did I think this would get the ride....but I'll graciously accept it.

Robert

Robert, congrats also on the ride....and it looks like my favorite kind of pizza. Deep Dish!

Thank you John for the nice words, the congrats, and the LIKE. Congrats to you also on your new grill. Can't wait to see some goodies come off that thing!!

Robert

Reactions: Smokin' in AZ
Man, what a way to fail, that's a meat lovers delight! Just wondering, did you fry the bacon a bit before putting it on there? I ask because I've got a couple of bags of uncooked bacon trimmings chopped up in the freezer, kind of like pancetta, and that'd be a great use for them. I'm thinking they might not get cooked enough without a previous fry. Like. RAY

Just wondering, did you fry the bacon a bit before putting it on there? I ask because I've got a couple of bags of uncooked bacon trimmings chopped up in the freezer, kind of like pancetta, and that'd be a great use for them.

Yes sir Ray. I did cook them prior to adding to the pizza bowl. Those bacon crumbles are also great in soups, salads, mac & cheese, etc....

Spreading the love of bacon crumbles,
Robert

Reactions: sawhorseray
Thanks Robert! I've used them in beans and crockpot beef bourguignon before fried up, I guess a pizza will be next. RAY

Wow!!
I love it !!
Looks like a Fantastic Deep Dish Pizza from the Den!!
I could go for a Bunch of that !!
Like.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky