Chorizo with chicken and pork?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

theOptimator

Original poster
Sep 6, 2020
Norcal
Hello there. I have a bunch of roosters and a few old hens that I inten to grind up and make into chorizo. I will probably have about 15 pounds of chicken. I would like to add 10 pounds of pork to this to use the entire contents of a packet of AC Leggs Chorizo Sausage Seasoning.
My concern is if this combo of meat will work. Has anyone here mixed chicken and pork for chorizo? Would I be better off just doing chicken only? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Reactions: JLeonard
Have mixed it but i would cut back a couple pounds in the mix. It needed more seasoning when I made it.

Maybe 23-24 pounds of meat for the mix. I’m gonna make some soon and will do 23 this time

Don't know why the pork / chicken mix wouldn't work . I use the AC Leggs chorizo . One of my favorites .

Hey everyone, I wanted to follow up with this seasoning. Settled on about 23.5 pounds, half pork and half chicken (a bunch of skinny roosters) & 2 cups apple cider vinegar. Finished product was excellent. On the salty an tangy side which is the way I like it. Everyone is impressed with this seasoning (Leggs Chorizo - 111) and we will be doing this again. We have used other chorizo recipes and they did not compare to this seasoning.

Reactions: chopsaw
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky