CHIPS

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

old sarge

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 26, 2012
SE Arizona
A year or more ago I bought a small 15 AMP Sun Joe chipper (and a pair of replacement blades) to take care of tree pruning in spring and fall. It does a real nice job and was money well spent. Some of the folks here use chips for smoking and pay good money for them. If you have access to trees suitable for smoking food, a chipper might be a good investment. Below is a photo of the chipper and what it produces. Very similar to what Harbor Freight sells but has a better warranty. I use chunks so I cannot comment on the quality of smoke the chips would produce.

Attachments

• IMG_4062.jpg
    IMG_4062.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
forgot to add, when i read your posts title, thought, great, pictures of homemade potato chips!! lol!

looks like it does a nice job, thanks for the link!
It really does a nice job. There is a larger unit but some users on YouTube showed the cutter head being prone to cracking. This model was in use at a nursery for several years and all they needed to do was replace blades. I just feed the wood slowly and all is well. That sold me. It is a real time saver if you are not allowed to burn prunings and must cut to fit trash bags/trash cans for disposal. Great mulch maker.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky