Chipotle Cheesesteaks on the BS

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BB-que

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 8, 2016
Made some chipotle cheesesteaks on the BS. They were really good. Made a simple chipotle sauce. Equal parts 1/4C sour cream and mayo, then 1/4 tsp chipotle powder, garlic powder. Got some peppers going and got the rolls a little toast
B94A8651-6E73-46E1-B90C-D7B43FD8F186.jpeg
D8D4E45F-F23A-4A88-8189-91BF6FA3C37C.jpeg

Put the shaved ribeye on for just a minute on the piping hot BS.
D2A8702D-B275-492F-A7E5-61A8068E4387.jpeg
8FC783FD-5B6D-4EC8-8135-2FAB41E32D85.jpeg
Then spread a lot of chipotle mayo on the rolls and loaded on the good stuff. Threw the whole sandwiches under the hood with a handful of ice, the steam makes for a softer bun which I like.
DAD4ED1A-9EA0-4F0C-94D6-5A8F83DB5FFA.jpeg

Also snapped a pic of my BBQ setup, spend a lot of time out there these days. Thanks for lookin
84A74BEA-5A73-43A4-AD20-EBEC12A6A736.jpeg

The cheesesteaks look great!

On a side note - I was curious if you like that 'Yukon griddle hood'? I haven't seen one of those before and it seems like it would be a really helpful addition to the Blackstone, but I wasn't sure if I should look at getting one based on some of the reviews I've read.

SeveralGreedyBlackfootedferret-max-1mb.gif

Chipotle Cheesesteaks FTW! Man those look awesome nice job! And hell of a setup you got there. Hope you got a mini fridge built in to keep some cold ones in.

Very nice looking cheesesteaks. I have some boars head chipotle mayo I used on some a few weeks ago. Nice work and cool patio

Those cheesesteaks look delicious! That setup is very impressive. Thanks for sharing. I've been waiting for the prices to come down on the Blackstones all summer. As soon as they do, I'm getting one. Checking all I can every day. Probably in the Fall is my guess.

The cheesesteaks look great!

On a side note - I was curious if you like that 'Yukon griddle hood'? I haven't seen one of those before and it seems like it would be a really helpful addition to the Blackstone, but I wasn't sure if I should look at getting one based on some of the reviews I've read.
I do like it, would definitely buy again. I mean it’s far from necessary but it makes melting cheese and things like that convenient.

The food looks delicious! LOVE the outdoor cooking layout. I’m looking to start an area out back next year. Will add onto our existing stamped concrete patio.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky