Chili time again

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
it definitely has more fluid now after a couple hours. Not lookin like it's gonna overflow so that's good lol. I also added the 3rd package of that seasoning. I will take a pic when I stir it next hour.

4 hours in... tastes pretty good :<). I backed out the shot to get more of the overall liquid.
level in.

4 hours in.jpg

Reactions: mike243 and Sowsage
Looks great. Must be the season? I just made my third batch of the year last weekend.
I cannot give a recipe as it all made from scratch
My only given is 1Tbl chili powder, 1 Tbl cumin, 1 Tbl paprika, and 1 tsp oregano per pound of meat. I don't pour out any liquids after sweating the onions and browning the ground chuck.

Texans must be cringing over putting beans in the chili. But how do they often serve chili? Well, you pour it over beans. We save a step!

That chili looks mighty good go me. Nicely done!!!

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: negolien
I'm glad you have the chuck going in there. To me, chili made with ground beef is just another word for hot dog sauce. I add beef broth to my liquid and go lite on the tomato. I also use the food processor on halve the veggies and mince the other halve. Looking forward to seeing your finished product.

Chris
Nah! Hotdog sauce doesn't have beans. Or kielbasa in it!

Nah! Hotdog sauce doesn't have beans. Or kielbasa in it!

True, Steve, but I grew up on my mom's chili and it was always made with meat chunks. Kinda the same way as Texans feel about beans. Michigan and Red hots sauce were always made with ground beef. That reminds me it's almost that time of year to grill some dogs with a good Michigan sauce.

Chris

Reactions: Steve H
Looks great from here! Am fixing to make some once it cools of a bit. I have 1-2lbs. Brisket left overs in Tha freezer from 3 weeks ago. What are your opinions on using it?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky