chili attempt

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
My wife used to work nights... she always got funny looks when she stopped and bought a case of beer on her way home at 6 am! One old guy asked if she had a bad day already! Some just don't understand it.

Ryan
I worked nights for many years. Always got a few looks from the neighbors when I had the grill going and drinking cold beer at 8am.
Jim

I found 2 new offerings from Busch's chili magic today

Ditch those green bell peppers for red yellow or orange , they add a bitter note I have found, try it ya might like it better

Reactions: negolien
Saw this on YouTube and said to myself you gotta try it.....

Over The Top Chili

2 Yellow Onions
1 Red Onion
2 Cloves Garlic
3 Bell Peppers....Green/Red/Yellow
2 Cans of Bush's Chili Beans...1 large and 1 small
2 Cans of Crushed Tomatos...! Large, 1 Small
1 Can Beef broth
3 Jalapenos minus seeds
Spices to your pleasure
3 Lbs. 90 % ground beef
1 Tube Jimmy Dean Hot sausage

Worked Burger and Sausage and Dry rub into ball and let sit overnight

Sauted peppers,onions till translucent in dutch oven...added spices and tomato cans, broth.

Preheated RecTec to lowest temp for major smoke

Place in smoker and let it rock for about 2 hours.....at this point I was worried about amount of fat grease that would drip into dutch oven but to my surprise it wasn't excessive...Turned RecTec up to 250 and place meat therms into ball.
Pulled at 165 and broke ball up into nuggets and dumped into oven along with the beans and let simmer for maybe an hour.....

Holy Cow.....Best Chili I have ever made.

As a side....When I started I was a little unsure just how much my dutch oven would hold as you can see there was about 2 inches left to the rim....On my next cook I will definitely add a few more peppers and maybe just a little more meat....One can never go wrong with more meat

Attachments

• IMG-8736.JPG
    IMG-8736.JPG
    144.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG-8738.JPG
    IMG-8738.JPG
    195.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG-8744.JPG
    IMG-8744.JPG
    182.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG-8745.JPG
    IMG-8745.JPG
    179.6 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG-8747.JPG
    IMG-8747.JPG
    216.5 KB · Views: 16
Reactions: negolien
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky