Chicken sausage question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

realtorterry

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 5, 2009
Bullhead City, AZ
So my wife found some ground chicken & wants me to try some chicken sausage. I'm still new to sausage. I don't have a stuffer. I've been experimenting with mostly patties! My question is can I use the AC Legg sausage mix into the chicken or is there a different mix specific for chicken? I don't have Rytex's book & can't seem to google it right?

Can't speak to the mix, but remember you need something to help keep it moist: fat, soy protein concentrate, roasted garlic and jalepenos.

Trust me when I tell you that recipe does not need anything else to make it moist

Sorry if I confused, not your recipe.  I was replying to just using the mix.  Actually something like yours is on the to do list hopefully this coming weekend.

Thanks Guys
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

I'm going to go with using the pork sausage mix into the ground chicken. Also putting in some Moneterey & green chilis. Whats the worst that can happen, a pork flavored chicked pattie? That just can't be wrong or I don't wanna be right
th_roflmao.gif

IMO, one of the beauties of chicken is that it is a nearly blank canvas awaiting the work of the artist.  There have been times in my life when chicken seemed to be the only meat my budget would allow.  It is so versatile that one can fail to realize they are eating chicken all the time.  LOL

Good luck and good smoking!

IMO, one of the beauties of chicken is that it is a nearly blank canvas awaiting the work of the artist.  There have been times in my life when chicken seemed to be the only meat my budget would allow.  It is so versatile that one can fail to realize they are eating chicken all the time.  LOL

Good luck and good smoking!
I hear ya. The chicken sausage I made was 2/3 chicken and 1/3 pork... Very tasty,but the pork overpowered the chicken tastewise.

Craig

We love the chicken sausage a lot. We did one batch recently with sun dried tomatoes and another one like Rob did in tamale husks
What ever you want to put in it almost always works - we keep it fresh and freeze what we cant use. Most of it goes into patties. We recently did a class with our 4H Kids and showed them that they can make sausage without having a grinder or stuffer by using the preground stuff from the store

There were days when I would have prayed for pork to overpower the taste of the chicken!  LOL

Seriously, stick with it.  Bad sausage is better than no sausage.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky