Chicken Pie (Bear Style)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Chicken Pie (Bear Style)

This was Good Stuff, and lasted us a Few Days.
We used a Bag of Frozen Mixed Veggies, such as Peas, Green Beans, and Carrots, and cut up a bunch of Taters, and 2 cans of Cream of Chicken Soup for the mix.
I also ran some Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts through the Sous Vide, and Mrs Bear chopped that up for the mix.
Then she seasoned that & We cooked it up real good. She wouldn’t let me season it!!
Then she put a sheet of Crescent Dough on it & Baked it until nice & Brown.

It was Great, and like I said, it lasted us for a few days.

I’d get tired of this kind of meal pretty fast, but it’s great for now & then.

IMHO A Real Belly Warmer!!

Thanks for looking,

Bear

Three Chicken Breasts ready for the SV:
IMG_5325.jpg

Pot full of Frozen Mixed Veggies:
IMG_5330.jpg

Mrs Bear cutting up the Chicken Breasts:
IMG_5332.jpg

Chicken all cut up:
IMG_5334.jpg

Cut up Taters:
IMG_5335.jpg

Two cans of Cream of Chicken Soup: (No Campbells due to Pandemic)
IMG_5333.jpg

Cooking:
IMG_5336.jpg

Soup & Seasonings ready to combine:
IMG_5337.jpg

All ingredients combined:
IMG_5338.jpg

Closer Look:
IMG_5339.jpg

Topped with Crescent Dough:
IMG_5340.jpg

Baked until nice & brown:
IMG_5342.jpg

Bear's first Helping: (On a plate if I'm planning on eating it fast)
IMG_5343.jpg

After a couple Nights:
IMG_5345.jpg

Another Night---Bear's Supper: (Bowl if I'm planning on taking my time to enjoy it):
IMG_5346.jpg

Last edited:
Boy howdy Bear, that's some down home comfort food, big Like! I loved chicken pot pie growing up, haven't had one in years, but I want one now! RAY

Bear, that looks like some real comfort food right there! Nap time fir me after a plate of that! Very nice!

That's some fine looking stuff Bear!! Pretty much like an amped up chicken pot pie but without the bottom crust, which I'd fond much more to my liking. Great job sir!!

Robert

Looks good !! My wife was just saying that we were over due for a chicken pot pie.
Tell Mrs., Bear it really looks great

Gary

Boy howdy Bear, that's some down home comfort food, big Like! I loved chicken pot pie growing up, haven't had one in years, but I want one now! RAY

Thank You Ray!!
It was pretty good---Only lasted 3 Suppers!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Making my mouth water . Love that kind of meal any time .

Thank You Rich!!
I'm really not much for Veggies, but We put enough Chicken in this one to take care of that.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Bear

Looks great Bear! Love me some Chicken Pot Pie. Just the way I prefer it with more meat than veggies. Enjoy!

Mike

Bear, that looks like some real comfort food right there! Nap time fir me after a plate of that! Very nice!

Thank You Travis!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

That's some fine looking stuff Bear!! Pretty much like an amped up chicken pot pie but without the bottom crust, which I'd fond much more to my liking. Great job sir!!

Robert

Thank You Robert!!
Yup, I think you'd like this one!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Looks really good Bear I love Chicken pot pie. The wife makes a real good one, and I'm not sure what she puts in it. All I know it doesn't last very long.

Point for sure
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky