Chicken fried, um, chicken.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
Last nights meal was chicken fried steak. And chicken fried cube chicken.
Mixed a 50/50 mix of flour and bread crumbs withsalt, pepper, paprika, parsley, and poultry seasoning. Dunked
the cube steaks and chicken in egg and milk wash. Then dredged in the flour mixture.
Fried in oil.
Also took 2 cans of beef stock, put in a pot with a couple tbs of dried minced onions. And a can of mushrooms. Added pepper, worsy sauce, and a 1/4 tsp of liquid smoke, and 2 tbs of unsalted butter. Simmered down by a third. Added a slurry of with a Tbs of corn starch with a 1/4 cup water.
Plated up with deep fried crinkle cut fries.
No pics of the cube steak. I had the chicken.

20200710_180634.jpg

looks great Steve!! I'd even take a big ol' plate of that for breakfast, as I'm considering right now. Great work and a beautiful plated pic.

Robert

Ya that Steve's a bad influence lmao , had to run some ribeye thru the tenderizer and Runion mix for breakfast after seeing this post. I passed on the gravy as sugar levels been ugly lately , crinkle cut fries are our favorite here when we make them

Absolutely perfect! Great looking meal steve, love the fries

Ryan

That all looks good! The shrooms on the fries sounds awesome!
Thanks Travis! We learned that while in Germany. Putting Jaeger schnitzel gravy on fries is pretty popular.

looks great Steve!! I'd even take a big ol' plate of that for breakfast, as I'm considering right now. Great work and a beautiful plated pic.

Robert
Thanks Robert! If there would have been leftovers I would have had some this morning too!

Sure I would I would pull my chair up to that.

Warren
Thanks Warren!

Looks amazing. Chicken fried chicken is one of my favorite meals
Thank you! I enjoy it as well. But finding cube chicken is hard up here. And using the jacard just isn't the same.

Now you have gone and don it Steve....headed for the kitchen for breakfast. :emoji_laughing:

Looks that good!

LIKE!

John
Oops! Sorry John!

Ya that Steve's a bad influence lmao , had to run some ribeye thru the tenderizer and Runion mix for breakfast after seeing this post. I passed on the gravy as sugar levels been ugly lately , crinkle cut fries are our favorite here when we make them
Lol! Sorry! I like crinkle cut fries. The wife doesn't not really sure why.

Yes, when in England gravy on chips (fries to us folks) is a real popular take away meal from the local english chippy....chinese chippy they did a chinese version of gravy that was really spicy.

John

When I was in England for a few months. I got hooked on chips with malt vinegar. The vinegar was even good on the fish too. I haven't had the Chinese version before.

Oh man, that looks to be just plain scrumptious Steve, huge Like! I think Robert hit it, I could go for that right now for breakfast. Now I'm hungry, might have to whip something up before it gets too hot, maybe something on the griddle! RAY

Damn dude. That CFS is ridiculously good looking. Righteous job on the fry.

edit. Spell check changed words.

Man that looks like an awesome meal Steve. We don’t see much chicken fried steak in my area with the exception of Cracker Barrel.

I really like those mushrooms on the fries. Cheese and gravy fries makes my short list of favorite foods, some sautéed mushrooms on there too elevates it to “last meal” if I’m ever on Death Row.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky