Chicken fried steak.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Leave it to a Yankee to put brown gravy on Chicken Fried Steak.
Us Southerners wanna know where the White Gravy is?

Just kidding ya Steve,
it looks great and as long as there's gravy it's all good!
I'd gratefully pull a chair up to that table.

Slap three or four fried eggs on top of one of them leftover chicken fried steaks and you have breakfast fit for a king.... YUM!

Last edited:

Just kidding ya Steve,

Slap three or four fried eggs on top of one of them chicken fried steaks and you have breakfast fit for a king.... YUM!
Blame my wife!! She doesn't like the white gravy. I love it. Thanks!

Team gravy has been awesome lately! Fabulous meal Steve! Love CFS, and nothing wrong with box stuffing and powdered gravy, they both taste good to me.

Ryan

No build pics, sorry. But started with 4 large cube steaks. I was pretty surprised of the size of these.
Dipped in a milk and egg wash. And dredged in flour.
Flour had 1 tsp each of the following:
Poultry seasoning
pepper
salt
Paprika
Curry powder.
Fried in veg oil until golden brown and crispy.
View attachment 460410

Ann had mashed taters and gravy. I had herb stuffing (box mix, still pretty good)
The gravy was a powder mix as well. Forgot to buy some canned gravy. And didn't have anything on hand for homemade.
Had spinach as a veggie.
The meal was awesome. The CFS wasn't in the least tough as it sometimes can be. The breading nice and crispy with a nice hint of heat from the curry.

Looks pretty good but something I have never made for myself. I like the Stove Top out of the box too. Nothing wrong with that!

Just kidding ya Steve,

Slap three or four fried eggs on top of one of them leftover chicken fried steaks and you have breakfast fit for a king.... YUM!

Too funny! I am definitely not in the south but I have never had CFS without white gravy. Surprised me a bit when I first saw the pic.

Wow Steve!! Now you're talking my language buddy. CFS is without doubt one of my all time favorites. I've had it fried in oil and in the 360 air fryer and prefer the air fryer. Breading stays in tact better I think. Never done it on the kettle but the idea is intriguing. Great job buddy!!

Robert

Wow Steve!! Now you're talking my language buddy. CFS is without doubt one of my all time favorites. I've had it fried in oil and in the 360 air fryer and prefer the air fryer. Breading stays in tact better I think. Never done it on the kettle but the idea is intriguing. Great job buddy!!

Robert
Thanks Robert! The next time will probably be in the 360. You just bread as usual?

Too funny! I am definitely not in the south but I have never had CFS without white gravy. Surprised me a bit when I first saw the pic.
That was a first for me too. But it was still very good.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky