cheating with some baked beans have a question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

negolien

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jan 1, 2020
Sacramento, Calif.
hey all,

makin some baked beans with my ribs but gonna cheat and use bushs and just add some veggies. How long can I cook em the whole time i' am cookin my ribs? They are already cooked so..

I don't consider starting out with Bush's baked beans, cheating, if you're adding other ingredients.
If it's good enough for the BBQ Pit Boys, it's good enough for me.

For work, I would layer Bush's beans, onion, peppers, and BBQ rub.... repeating this several times. Adding apple pie filling or peach pie filling will add an interesting sweetness. Crumbled bacon or sausage (cooked) is good too. We generally cooked them a couple of hours in the smoker, then added a foil lid and let them go up to another hour.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky